Breathing through my nose is difficult lately because my nasal passages are swollen. Like a lot of people I do not enjoy breathing through my mouth. It dries my mouth out and just feels awful. I think we could all agree that it is necessary to breathe in order to continue living.
I am glad that God gave us an alternate way to breathe when we are experiencing difficulty with the natural way of breathing. Have you ever noticed that breathing is something that is taken for granted? I don’t actually think about how important it is to my existence until it becomes difficult to do. Without breathing the cells in our bodies would not get the oxygen that they require to live and if they are deprived for too long they will die and when they die we die….
I sometimes wonder why we don’t appreciate things like breathing until we experience problems. For some people they treat God like I treat breathing. I know it is important but I do not focus on it unless there is a problem. In life it is easy to get caught up in the good stuff and forget “Who” gave it to us. It sometimes becomes easy to forget to say “Thank you” to God for all that He has done to make the good times. Oh boy, but when the bad stuff happens we are all over it in trying to find out what went wrong.
Is it because we think we don’t need God in the good times? Or is it because as long as things are smooth we forget? I actually think there are probably many answers to that question. Whatever the reason I think it is time to remember God in the good times and in the bad times.
So today I say “Thank God” for all that He has done for me.
- For answered prayers (there have been many)
- For family (husband, kids, grandkids, brothers, sisters etc..)
- For healing
- For taking me through the bad times and not leaving me in them
- For holding my hand through all the scary times
- For helping me through the grieving process
- For letting me see life from a different perspective
- For memories of loved ones who have gone before us
- For the future and what it holds
- For many wonderful past experiences
Would you join me in thanking God? Try to think of all He has done for you. Enjoy your week and I will be back next week with more.