Have you ever noticed that when you start to feel comfortable with what you do things change? Sometimes I get really comfortable in my zone and just want everyone else to leave me alone. Don’t change my life.
Over the years when I have become too comfortable, my life will get shaken up with challenges. Sometimes I take the challenge to prove I can overcome. Other times I face the challenges kicking and screaming all the way. Some of my challenges included packing up and moving away from most of the people I knew and loved to follow God, losing loved ones, raising children, finding and losing jobs, dealing with people who have opposite personalities from me, disciplining my will, learning how to drive in Dallas traffic, trusting God when there was no money, and the list goes on and on.
What I have learned about challenges is that they will come. How I take them is what shows my character. If I am kicking and screaming all the way through the challenge until it is no longer challenging then I feel like I have failed the test. But if I recognize that what has happened is a challenge and put my best foot forward I succeed, even if it is hard. So here is what I think should be done in a challenge:
- First thing to do with a challenge is to recognize that it is a challenge and not the end of the world.
- Next realize that there must be something positive that will come out of the challenge.
- Set you eyes and heart on God’s will through the challenge
- Pray through every step in the challenge
- Remember that you are an ambassador of Christ and what you do in a challenge reflects on Him.
- Put your best foot forward and learn from your mistakes knowing there is forgiveness.
- Be positive in the face of fear.
I believe that God looks down at us, sees our challenges and watches our responses. I am so thankful that He is watching over me even when I fail. If I never had a challenge I would never have the chance to overcome. If I never overcome I never move forward. So enjoy your challenges this week and move forward with me. I will be back next week with more.